What you need to know about brake repair in Bismarck, and Minot, ND
What they do:
Brakes are the most critical safety features on your vehicle used every day. There are two types of braking systems on most vehicles: Traditional brakes and ABS. A common braking system is comprised of the rotor, the caliper, and brake pads or shoes. If your brake pads wear out and are not replaced, you run the risk of needing to replace the rotors as well.
Why brake inspection is necessary:
In order to successfully stop your vehicle, brakes must be in good operating condition and not worn down to the rotors. Because this is a system that you utilize every day, be sure not to overlook any troubles. Small changes may also be an indication that your brakes need repair. For best performance and safety, have them checked and preserved regularly. Have them checked immediately if you notice any of the following:
- A high-pitched squeak when you push the brakes
- A scratching or grinding sound when not using the brakes. This could also be an indicator of a brake or bearing problem
- Shaking or vibration during stopping
- The need to use more pressure than normal
Brake repair tips:
Have your brakes examined at the very least once a year and even more often if you drive regularly in city traffic or reside in a hilly location. To preserve your brakes:
- Never drive with the parking brake on
- Have brake fluid checked and replaced regularly. Keep in mind, however, if you have to add fluid more often than every couple of months, you could have a leak
The quicker you respond to potential issues, the safer your vehicle will be. Prolonging brake problems may cause you to incur more repair costs. Contact us to schedule an appointment.